The Stem Cell Facial includes micro-needling with a Rejuvapen to the face and/or neck after an anesthetic is applied. Platelets are extracted from your blood and applied to the skin immediately following the micro-needling procedure to amplify the healing and production of new collagen. At MediJUV, PRP is also injected into strategic areas to give extra plumping and glow. It may take several weeks to see the full benefit of this procedure. It is common to expect redness for a few days post procedure.
With many ways to rejuvenate the face, why look for a better way? You may have tried some of the following strategies:
- Skin creams and facial peels by a skilled aesthetician can be very helpful, but sometimes are just not strong enough to rejuvenate the tissue adequately.
- Retin A and other prescription medications (like Hydraquinone) also improve texture and should be carefully prescribed in a way that gives benefit without adverse effects. However, the results can be slow and less than what’s needed.
- Cosmetic surgery can remove excess skin and make the person appear younger. A surgical facelift can be more than what’s needed for some people, especially when lots of extra skin is not the main problem.
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers, like Juvederm and Restylane, lift the skin away from the bone to restore youthful volume and shape. But HA fillers can cause problems near the eye. Additionally, the injector of HA fillers can shape a wrinkle and create an unnatural shape. The HA fillers do little to improve skin tone and texture.
4 Steps of the Stem Cell Facial Procedure
First, our physician isolates growth factors from the patient’s blood. Then, a micro-needling device is used to create multiple micro-punctures –both driving the isolated growth factors into the skin and creating a stimulus for tightening and rejuvenation of the collagen of the face. At MediJUV, we use our professional Rejuvapen. Then, our medical professionals paint the growth factors onto the micro-punctures so that the growth factors soak into the tissue for further stimulation of tightening and skin rejuvenation. The skin tightens, and glows with color, and scaring softens for a beautifully younger and very natural result.
1. Isolating the PRP from Your Blood
First, we draw your blood from your arm, just like getting a blood test done. Then, using a centrifuge, we isolate platelets from that blood platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, all within about ten minutes in the office.
Using the Rejuvapen, activated PRPs are injected back into the patient’s skin.
3. Coating and Soaking Your Face with Blood-Derived Growth Factors
These growth factors then activate multi-potent stem cells already in the skin, tricking them into thinking there has been an injury, and new younger tissue should be generated.
4. Recovery & Maintenance
The multi-potent stem cells then develop into new collagen, new blood vessels, and new fatty tissue trying to “repair” the skin that was never injured. The result is younger-appearing skin.
Get Youthful Looking Skin With a Stem Cell Facial
Take years off your appearance and fall in love with your look. It all starts with a Stem Cell Facial by MediJUV. Our experts can help rejuvenate your skin with personalized treatments. Contact us today to learn more about our world-class care.